Monday, March 16, 2009

It's Summertime

See You Later... Please keep the Night Light on.

My brother with the big house, great family & MBA degree disputes it if I tell people I grew up along the coast in Massachusetts.

Oh, he'll concede that's where we lived, but he doesn't believe I really grew up... I don't have a big house, great family or MBA degree.

If I meet him half way, I'll concede that a career in radio prolonged my adolescence... by 30 years, or so. But what I do have are stories.

And so does Dick Summer. They're better, and there are lots more of them... Sold in sensual personal audio cd collections and... Told each week in a blog & podcast, where he holds forth as Senior VP/Communications of the "Louie Louie Generation" (comprised of 'Big Louie' his bad self -- and the legions who both knew the song wasn't dirty and laughed about so many others believing it was).

With an ever-present smile and suggestion of mischief in a voice described as "raw silk," Dick moved from keeping the Night Light on during a distinguished radio career, into a semi-retirement sustained by three great loves: his wife (aka Wonder Wench), piloting his own single engine plane, and continuing to make magic in front of microphones.

You may recognize the name through your connection to big cities in the Northeast, or stations from there. You may recognize the sound from cable TV ads about disability claims. But until you hear the audio retrospective at Big Apple Air Checks... You don't know Dick.

No comments:

Post a Comment