Friday, February 19, 2010

Googling

By nature monkeys are curious and playful. But take one with a reporter's background, who learned quickly that "Google" could be a verb, and you have someone who's good at finding things, finding things out, finding people... Or a combination of all three.

It started with being a catalyst in reuniting two guys who worked adjacent shifts on my favorite radio station as a teen. Good job.

More recently I found:
  • a teenage "I Want You To Want Me" crush, now an addict,
  • someone who lost both her job & her mother within weeks,
  • and a fellow road warrior who passed without my notice.
It's all part of the big moving picture... You know, the one where life happens. But sometimes it feels awkward to know what you know... And often uncomfortable for the person you found it out about to learn that you know. Can of worms... Not so good.

Other times it works out pretty well. The inner detective located a character integral to the narrative of a forthcoming book and film.

So, next time I'm off to forage again, looking for more bananas, I'll do so compassionately... Hoping what I find out is good news and who I find is glad to be found.

Cartoon: Sock Monkey with can of worms by Paula Becker (2007).

No comments:

Post a Comment