Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Scariest

Las Vegas stockbroker Brian Yeager's Halloween handiwork.My sister Ruth once asked me "What was the scariest movie you ever saw?"

My answer: "Beaches!"

She looked incredulous.

How could "The Friendship You'll Always Remember... In The Film You'll Never Forget" be my all-time scariest?

Well, the total experience was.

At least it introduced us to Mayim Bialik"Beaches" was the movie my companion chose for our first date. I not only sat through an entirely predictable and manipulative melodrama, but also the complete emotional collapse of a woman with a Mensa level IQ... Reduced to a puddle of tears, before the final reel.

OK, I know. There's a reason they call them tearjerkers. But I didn't enjoy the the date dissolving "special effects," or being called a jerk because I didn't.

Mercifully, there was no sequel... Movie or date.

No comments:

Post a Comment